can you identify those creatures ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That link explains what it is and how to mix it.

Roka's link does pretty much give all the information, but I'm thinking that "pickling lime" might be a tough thing to translate to a shop keeper in Egypt! The stuff Roka is talking about is the same stuff as Kalkwasser, which is used as a calcium supplement in reef tanks. Saltwater fish/coral stores should have the stuff. The scientific name for Kalkwasser is powdered Calcium Hydroxide.

Come on Kurt....Egypt...mummies....LOL!

I do agree with the Calcium Hydroxide.

Now my problem is not in how to obtain lime
it is what is lime and what is its side effects
I can't really see any links related to lime in your previous post

To answer your question of "what is lime"...

Lime = kalkwasser = calcium hydroxide

If used per the link Roka posted, the only "side effect" is to kill off the aiptasia. Used properly, the paste will just coat the anemone and cause it to die. Now if you're messy when using it, and use it with your pumps on and water circulating, it could cause the death of other things.

The short story is that is causes an extremely local pH shift that breaks down the cells of the aiptasia.

If used per the link Roka posted, the only "side effect" is to kill off the aiptasia.

I am sure roka posted a link, but I can't explain why I can NOT see ANY links other than those at the end of each post he make

I am using Firefox 3, but I didn't see any links also with Opera
Have no idea why but if possible please post the link using insert link button, or even type the link without the http:// prefix

I am not sure if my pet store has calcium hydroxide or not
but I think they should have something like that, because they should have faced such problem before

LOL, how many times did you send me that link in PMs!?!?!!?

Back
Top Bottom