Can't be good can it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Les Paul

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is only my second post. I've had the majority of my questions answered by doing searches up until now. We've had our 80 gallon tank for 5 weeks now. It was a well established tank before we got it. My question is what is the weird stuff that grows under the rocks. It looks like its make up is of some sort of mushroom material. It has tenatcles extending from it like some sort of immobile anemone. Good, bad, harmless? My wife wants me to remove it. I've done searches but can't find any information on what it might be.

I will be getting my new super duper 8mp yup 8 mp 12x optical zoom super duper gizmo camera this week. Now as to if I can take a decent picture with it is yet to be answered. The mung has been hanging there growing like something from Aliens so it can wait. When my wife went bonkers a few weeks ago about the bristleworms the size of B-52's I pulled some of the gunk off and dropped it on the patio. My dog who would eat anything and I do mean anything in the world looked at me and indicated that she didn't like the smell, looks or anything else about that abomination.

Back
Top Bottom