Chiton? Reef Safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I got a bunch of chaeto from an LFS just now. I was looking at it in my fuge and I found this little Chiton, I believe.

These are reef safe correct? I want to put it in the main tank if it is.

What do you think

Attachments

• chiton_889.jpg
    chiton_889.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,345
LOL, per your posted link:
http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm
Chitons are new to me as I have never had one. But if you find a potato bug in your reef, you have one. They may graze on your coralline algae or diatoms in your tank. Here's a great article about them.

You like that link Rok? I do.

Just wanted to make sure, as I have never kept one.

Yeah, I love it! Dang, I was going to edit my answer to say, "some one just posted this awesome site, check it out". LOL!

chiton

Ha Ha that is funny!

I just like to check sometimes for a second opinion even though I am sure. I have way to much money in corals to go throw something in my reef that I am 98% sure of.

I need that extra 2% from the pros.

Chitons are awesome!! To be revered and adored. ;) Seriously, they are great algae consumers.

Thanks guys and gals. It was a really nice little critter with nice red. I hope I see him again. I was happy because I have never had a chiton and do not really see them at LFS's.

You should have seen my girlfreinds face when she saw how excited I was that I got something cool in my $5 chaeto!!

It is funny if you think about it. Imagine a "nonreefer" walking in seeing me all excited about a half inch shell. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom