clear tentacles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyKat

Aquarium Advice Activist
just noticed these coming out of my live rock today, the take is still cycling new set up. they are clear tentacles with a pinksih/redish base and tiny little balls on the end of each tentacle? there are about 8 of them all small. good or bad?

Attachments

• 10994974_641947195937004_670411401485130702_n.jpg
    10994974_641947195937004_670411401485130702_n.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 117
They don't amount to much in home aquariums. They are also referred to as strawberry anemone or ball anemone. They don't get much bigger than you have them. Perhaps the diameter of a dime at best. No, they won't cause any issues for anything. They don't spread to biblical proportions, or sting everything to death...you'll see them from time to time but for some reason they don't last very long.
Folks get these confused with Pseudocorynactis, which look similar, get pretty big, and have the ability to eat fish. I assure you, this is not what you have there.

Last edited:
They don't amount to much in home aquariums. They are also referred to as strawberry anemone or ball anemone. They don't get much bigger than you have them. Perhaps the diameter of a dime at best. No, they won't cause any issues for anything. They don't spread to biblical proportions, or sting everything to death...you'll see them from time to time but for some reason they don't last very long.
Folks get these confused with Pseudocorynactis, which look similar, get pretty big, and have the ability to eat fish. I assure you, this is not what you have there.

thank you!! i was just reading about the pseudocorynatics gobbling up fish and i was like " uh oh" :ermm:

good to know there is nothing to worry about! they are kinda cute actually :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom