Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefgazer

Aquarium Advice Regular
What sort of clowns are these

Attachments

• image-2393747467.jpg
    image-2393747467.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 153
  • image-1964812681.jpg
    image-1964812681.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 171
  • image-3208475228.jpg
    image-3208475228.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 173
I think they are sebae clowns since the 2nd white bar extends up into the dorsal fin. On a clarkii clown the white bar stops at the dorsal.

There are a number of look-alike clowns with two white bars. My initial impression is A. akindynos, but A. clarkii might be correct. I don't think they are A. sebae, as the rear bar is too upright. If I remember correctly, A. sebae tends to have dark pelvic fins too. The degree of extension of the posterior bar on to the dorsal fin is variable in the various species, and is usually more pronounced in juveniles (regardless of species). I'll take a better look tonight once I can get at my library. It would help to know the size of the fish.

Tony

I think I agree with tony I have done some reading and the akindynos has thinner stripes and only has two where as the clarkii generally has three stripes and are thicker. Clarkii's are also more oranger then the akindynos and mine are more of a brown then an orange the photo on live aquaria for a akindynos looks exactly the same as the photo attached to the first post

Back
Top Bottom