cool thingy in my tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A

Annie

Anyone know what this is. I got a bunch of live rock from a friend and it has tons of these on there.

If you touch it, does it collapse in itself? It may be a form of aptasia? Not sure, someone more experienced may be able to identify

Yep kinda like a mushroom does. Then it is kinda a purple color. Dont think its an aiptasia tho. They dont seem to hurt anything really very pretty :) They also dont seem to move about the tank. The biggest one is about the size of a pencil.

Let's see if I can spell this right...
Pseudocorynactis cribbeorum aka Carribean Mushroom, non-photosynthetic mushroom anemone from the carribean. They are really cool looking!!

Pseudocorynactis cribbeorum aka Carribean Mushroom, non-photosynthetic mushroom anemone from the carribean. They are really cool looking!!

Awesome ID!! 8) We have a couple of these in our tank, tucked into a cave. They do not seem to bother anything at all, and stay rather small/solitary, but keep in mind that these are known to have a very nasty sting, and will/can potentially kill small fish, snails, etc.

HTH!

Back
Top Bottom