Coolest starfish ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is the coolest starfish I have ever seen anyone have any info on it?

Attachments

• image-4199603068.jpg
    image-4199603068.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 345
  • image-4166883162.jpg
    image-4166883162.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 349
that is awesome! I've seen some videos online about those, but not really sure what its name is or info on it, except its for the experienced hobbyist.

I found out it's a basket star and that it is reef safe but that's all. Idk how big they will get or if they need any specific food. Anyone?

that thing is AWESOME,in cases like this,google is your best friend:)

They are nocturnal filter feeders, in an aquarium they would require a high edible particle concentration with a fair water flow, the biggest can reach three feet or more across, most subspecies are smaller though awesome find!! :) beautiful creature if you can care for it

So would adding phyto feast into the water be fine?

I would think that's a great idea :) congrats again they are truly beautiful and unique creatures

Ya at my lfs. I actually work there and we specialize in fish so no dogs or anything it's called aquarium adventure if anyone cares lol.

But anyways I as catching some seahorses when I saw him wrapped around a sponge so I peeled him off and that's what he was. He hitchhiked on something

wish my lfs had stuff like that but they scaled back their sw stuff..and anytime they get anything remotely interesting they won't sell it..they had this huge piece of LR that I wanted cause it had something growing on it and they said nope not selling it..it ended up in their sons sw tank instead

Ya at our store the employees must wait at least a week to buy anything. That just came in so the customers can

Back
Top Bottom