coral id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Picked this up today for 10 bucks and can't remember the name of it for the life of me. I tried looking it up with no hope. I found montipora that kinda looked like it but I think it started with a b or d. Any help much appreciated!

PicsArt_1349577851928.jpg

I agree FlReefer...they look gorgeous under those actinics (or moonlights)!
Militaryminded1, those are zoas, they are not a LPS coral like a chalice is. Looking good though (y)

obscurereef said:
I agree FlReefer...they look gorgeous under those actinics (or moonlights)!
Militaryminded1, those are zoas, they are not a LPS coral like a chalice is. Looking good though (y)

I've got a piece about that size, yeah they really pop under actinics!

That would be awesome if it wad the Hollywood stunner. If so I got a good deal. Definitely not zoas though there are some orange bam bam zoas behind it. Your zoas look like dragon eyes.

What did you pay for it? Might get one. Seen them for $13.50 on spikescorals and my lfs has about the same price.

Nice peice! Sadly my LFS won't go under $20 for frags :'(

Try negotiating and comparing prices to online prices. They'll want your business for sure b/c online stores are out competing them. Maybe buy a bunch and ask for a discount b/c you got a lot.

obscurereef said:
Try negotiating and comparing prices to online prices. They'll want your business for sure b/c online stores are out competing them. Maybe buy a bunch and ask for a discount b/c you got a lot.

I've tried working with them and the only deal they do is 3 frags for $50 :/. But I have gotten decent deals on larger colonies.

Oh too bad. It's easier for me b/c there are 3 fish stores about 5 minutes apart so lots of competition plus 2 others not too far away.

U dead with 1 fish store. Most of the small frags are 20 but every now and again they have some tiny ones for 10 and this one was in the 10 section so I grabbed it.

I got a Hollywood stunna and got it for $10 from one of my buddy's that run a sw only shop
And I agree it pops under the moonlighting

Attachments

• image-3225137190.jpg
    image-3225137190.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 77
Under the moonlighting
You can see the eyes poppin real bright
Even better in person then the pic

Attachments

• image-3283235595.jpg
    image-3283235595.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 67
Not trying to butt in here, but I have LOVED Hollywood chalice for a little while. Came across a great deal on one couple weeks ago. It was $25 and is about 2 1/2" across!!

image-3263650007.jpg

I know this isn't the "I found a Hollywood chalice" thread, just wanted to throw my great deal in there too!! Lol
Please return to your normal programming. Lol

Back
Top Bottom