Couple of corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Saw these at my lfs, I asked what they were but forgot. Can anyone ID these? I'd like to get some for my future tank.

Attachments

• image-2189583035.jpg
    image-2189583035.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image-4072293749.jpg
    image-4072293749.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 101
Not too sure about the first one but I'd say the second one is a birdsnest, a nice one at that.

My sun polyps just died. :-( They are alot of work, you have to feed each and every polyp by hand or with tweezers. Granted I don't think I bought a healthy one to begin with but it was still tough. Thye get NO benefit form light whatsoever.

Nope, I got one of those. I;m sure it's an easy id too, someone will come along and tag it for sure. lol

the first is a sun coral

Last edited:
yep, and a big one too!! wonder how much they are asking for it O.O
BTW sorry urs died... wonder what went wrong

It was a large specimen so I figured it woudl do good, but it never fully opened up like yours do. I;d get maybe a slittle bit peeking out but that was it. Under light, in the shade, in the dark. I was getting up in the middle of the night some days trying to catch it open. It was totally dead this morning, all black and white with no color at all left in it. :-(

I may try it again someday but not anytime soon.

maybe it was just "sick" or had a parasite?! who knows... sad though
You have a duncan, right?! arent they king of like the sun coral with the feeding and all?

\Nope, never fed my duncan and its doing awesome. It's sprouting even more heads now under the metal halides. It started as just one head I believe and now theres like 8. It's gonna take up a nice spot in my 20g for sure. cant wait for it all to fill in since everyhting is almost just frags right now.

I;d like to get a huge duncan for my 125g too, I love the flowy corals. Just wish I had more success, well, ANY success with the sun coral. Kinda a bummer.

carey said:
\Nope, never fed my duncan and its doing awesome. It's sprouting even more heads now under the metal halides. It started as just one head I believe and now theres like 8. It's gonna take up a nice spot in my 20g for sure. cant wait for it all to fill in since everyhting is almost just frags right now.

I;d like to get a huge duncan for my 125g too, I love the flowy corals. Just wish I had more success, well, ANY success with the sun coral. Kinda a bummer.

Maybe next time ;) who knows what the issue was

And yes I don't thinks it's a cup coral LOL

Back
Top Bottom