Crab good or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimzebras

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found a small crab about the size of an emerald crab and of similar shape on my new live rock....tan in clot with faintly banded legs, is he good or bad!?

Try the tilted glass trick and see if you can catch him and then get a good pic of him.

I have a good pic but I'm not sure how to post it using my iPod

youll probably have to use a computer to upload, can really ID without a picture on this one

here it is, i will have corals and smallish fish, please help me! hes the size of an emerald crab.......
moz-screenshot-3.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

here is another try

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 116
I don't think so I mite be wrong check at a pet store near you

The closest one is thirty min away and I can't go out now.....what to do?

Hard to tell from the pic. Most crabs are oportunistic (sp) and will take advantage if hungry enough. I would catch him and either put in the sump or give to your LFS.

What store did you get the rock from

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

School of fish inc. In Springfield Massachusetts. They don't have a website though.....

you could always let it grow a bit and see what happens, but as mike said, anything with claws has the potential to be a predator.

well, if you are adding one eventually, you can leave the crab in the DT till it's up and if he misbehaves, catch him and toss him in the sump. it will be a bit of a P.I.T.A. to catch though.

I have him pinched in a plastic bag in the DT with part open to the air, how long could I leave him like this?

Back
Top Bottom