Crazy looking nudibranch?? no idea what this is or if it is harmful..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fleck154

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
For the first time ever i noticed this beast in my 20 gal nano tank.. Atleast 5 inches in length, moves like a nudibranch.. Not sure what it is?? can anyone help? Have had large colonies of zoa's die/disappear... that have thrived for years.. i had 2 LED go out on my strip and had thought that was the cause... now i am thinking maybe this monster?

if you can get a picture it would be better but the way it sounds its zoa eating nudibranch. They tend to take the the color of the zoanthids they are eating.

Please include a picture. A 5" creature needs to eat something....I would imagine a lot of something. a good guess would be that it ate your zoa colonies. What have you added recently that may have brought this guy in? A frag on a substantial piece of rock perhaps?

video is not posting... its mov format...

I put a video... not sure why its not on there.. I will upload to youtube and post a link

link has to be approved i guess...

Just added to youtube but the video has to be approved...

youtube.com/watch?v=rR0OH9N0jvE&feature=youtu.be

try this with www.

nice that worked

Never have added to this tank in about 3 years... have never seen this monster in there.. appears to live in the sand bed. I have another video where it goes into the sand..

That's totally awesome. I love that slug. Please don't kill it. Put it in the sump if you have one.

Never would kill =)

no sum on that tank.. but as long as it doesnt effect my harlequinn shrim i really dont care if it lives forever in there, or if it eats my corals.. the Zoas are the only ones that i have lost, i had 2 led go out on the tank and thought that may be why i lost zoo's.. but now i c this thing last night.. might be the reason for zoa loss... this is purely a frag tank i have had for years... never add to just let stuff grow... its for my harlequinn mainly.. =)

so it mayb a slug?

going into the sand

youtube.com/watch?v=NDxr5Qwltg0&feature=youtu.be

This is it disappearing into the sand bed... i have probly a 4-6 inch sand bed in this tank...

classification

really want to figure out what this thing is... i have been searching the web like crazy to try to figure this out... honestly freaked me out yesterday when i saw it.. What is in the tank:

1 harlequinn shrimp(about 2 inches big) 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 purple coral banned shrimp, 1 pom pom crab, 1 candystripe pistol shrimp, and 1 fancy ocellaris clown...

corals, frogspawn 3-4 diffrent variations, green bubble coral, anchor coral, anithelia, flame mushrooms, Zoa's 6-7 diffrent variations, button polyps, candy cane crypto, 2 acans, and zoompodium..

never have added rock. I frag out of the tank... not into it..
Tank has 4-6inch sand bed

It is a 22gal custom tank with built in overflow, attached to the overflow is a hang on tank refugium with protein skimmer.. refugium has 6 inch sand bed and macro alge..

That is awesome!! Would love to find something like that in one if my tanks

Blue light

This is the only time i have ever seen this thing and it was at 2am... My tank is on timers and at night it is blue LED.. I have purple blue, red orange and pure white strips on the tank. if i see him again i will turn on the whites..

Back
Top Bottom