Critter ID please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

20 20

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up a couple of small colonies of zoo's from a LFS, when I got them home I found this critter in the bag of one of them:

2006-02-25-critters-s-018.jpg

What could this critter possibly be? There are no more of them on either colony, I made sure of that. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I have one of those. He hasn't caused any trouble that I've noticed. It's a snail with an almost flat, somewhat rounded shell right? Unfortunately I can't remember what it's called. I got mine the same way too. Hitchhiked on a rock from the LFS.

Looks more like a worm of some kind, I dont' think it has a shell.

EDIT:

Well, upon close examination, it does appear to have a shell. Large foot for the size shell, also.

Wish I could, I've got a lousy camera, and that's the best I can do, believe it or not. No macro mode, and my batteries just died anyway. Hehe, not much help, am I?

kinda sounds like stomatella varia by your description but I can't be sure from the picture. If it is then it is a great algae grazer.

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that it's a stomatella snail, so I've put it in the main tank. Thanks for the reply's, everyone.

Stomatella...that's what mine was ID'd as also. A guy at my LFS said they reproduce like crazy but I've yet to see any evidence of that.

Cool - thanks for the ID... I had a few of these hitch-hike in a couple of weeks ago .

Back
Top Bottom