Day of discovery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RnBMum

Aquarium Advice Regular
I did some tank maintenance a couple of days ago, and since the have found some pretty interesting inhabitants. I will share what I think they might be and hopefully you can set me straight. I apologize for the picture quality.

Feather duster worm (round with rays coming from a centre disc)? It withdrew into a hole very quickly and I had to wait ages for him to come out again... in the middle of the pic.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433950478.957931.jpg

I think this little guy looks like an emerald crab. He has the hairy legs and long narrow claws, although he is not very green. His carapace is about 3/4" across. On the left side of the pic in the hole next door to the bumblebee snails.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433950728.571038.jpg

Tunicates? Otherwise, I am stumped on this one.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433951003.010360.jpg

And this one I have no idea about. It looks like it could be a zoa folded in half - almost like a Venus fly trap. Any hints?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1433951147.183978.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Allison
Freshwater fish-head for more than 20 years now, but salt water newbie.

1. defs a feather duster
2. not an emerald... i think its a zoanthid spider potentially?
3. sponge.
4.maybe a barnacle?

Mithrax, so it is not something I need to banish to the sump?

Allison

Well, that's hard to answer. The short answer is, in the sump it can't get into trouble. Sometimes they behave well, and sometimes they do not.

That is a very helpful answer. Thank you :)

Allison

Back
Top Bottom