Did I kill this ???? already?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddy-o

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bought this last week and placed it high in my tank. (what is it?) a snail knocked it over today, so when picking it up I noticed that it was not soft at all, but rather rigid. I moved it down to the sand bed in case I should have done this initially to acclimate it to my tank.

90g tank with 2 AISol's at 40% white, 90% blue and 80% royal.

Attachments

• image-3630060277.jpg
    image-3630060277.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 126
Looks like a Candy cane coral, or a Trumpet coral.
You probably didn't kill it, but yeah, you should acclimate it from the bottom-up, over the course of a few weeks.

It's a candy cane, and it looks happy and healthy so I wouldn't be worried about it. I keep my candy cane on the sand as well as my other LPS corals.

How about being dead now? Did not realize how bad it got until I saw the picture from earlier? It has an aiptasia growing at the base so I pulled it out of tank to take care of it. That is when I realized how bad it had gotten.

Any chance if recovery? It has no softness Tobit "trumpets".

Attachments

• image-3760515841.jpg
    image-3760515841.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 76
When it's dead, it won't have any colored fleshy tissue left at all, just skeleton, so it's not dead. It could still make a recovery from this point.

The only things I could suggest, would be to make sure your water parameters are at acceptable levels, and make sure it's getting enough light and flow.

Back
Top Bottom