Diving ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guitarvp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

Went diving with the wife on Saturday and we saw a bunch a great stuff even with the poor visibility. Managed to get some pics of a couple of "frags" of some awesome coral and wanted to confirm ID. I think the first one is a chalice and I believe the second pic has two different favites. The rough surge was kicking my picture taking butt so I apologize for the poor quality pics.

image-892332613.jpg

image-2946688839.jpg

Hey guys, Went diving with the wife on Saturday and we saw a bunch a great stuff even with the poor visibility. Managed to get some pics of a couple of "frags" of some awesome coral and wanted to confirm ID. I think the first one is a chalice and I believe the second pic has two different favites. The rough surge was kicking my picture taking butt so I apologize for the poor quality pics.

Where did you go?

VERY cool. I've never done a dive there.

Greg, I definitely can't complain about being stationed out here considering the amazing diving in our backyard. Makes me wish I had a tank with never ending capacity so I could bring stuff home (if it were legal of course).

Greg, I definitely can't complain about being stationed out here considering the amazing diving in our backyard. Makes me wish I had a tank with never ending capacity so I could bring stuff home (if it were legal of course).
Enjoy it because very few of us get to locations like that. At least you are on the west side. I was helping to calibrate radiation detectors for NASA when the tsunami wiped out the reactors. That's a story on its own.

Last edited:
Enjoy it because very few of us get to locations like that. At least you are on the west side. I was helping to calibrate radiation detectors for NASA when the tsunami wiped out the reactors. That's a story on its own.

No kidding. I have several friends who were part of the relief effort after the earthquake. Considering how far away Okinawa is from the mess, here's hoping it has minimal effects on the sea life. It's bad enough when a big typhoon comes in and beats up the reef. It's painful to see huge colonies of acropora get crushed by the waves.

No kidding. I have several friends who were part of the relief effort after the earthquake. Considering how far away Okinawa is from the mess, here's hoping it has minimal effects on the sea life. It's bad enough when a big typhoon comes in and beats up the reef. It's painful to see huge colonies of acropora get crushed by the waves.
Knowing how slow Acros grow makes it even worse when you see them bleached out, at least the typhoon is a fragging machine. Dive safe and be careful who you tell if you see any fish with three eyes. I figure a Godzilla attack is eminent.

Last edited:
Knowing how slow Acros grow makes it even worse when you see them bleached out, at least the typhoon is a fragging machine. Dive safe and be careful who you tell if you see any fish with three eyes. I figure a Godzilla attack is eminent.

There should be a Like button on this forum. Lol

Back
Top Bottom