Don't even have a guess.. haha

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
The hair/spider web like stuff on the glass. It has little things "budding" off the main "string"

ForumRunner_20121001_203125.jpg

The two translucent white "tubes". They're soft/squishy. They've been there a while, watched them get bigger and bigger haha. Don't seem to be a threat at all.
ForumRunner_20121001_203146.jpg

Maybe one of y'all have an idea but I have no clue!!

Thanks!

No idea on the web looking thing other than it appears to be a plant of some variety. The two white squishy tubes are pineapple sponges- harmless filter feeders.

kdpuffer said:
No idea on the web looking thing other than it appears to be a plant of some variety. The two white squishy tubes are pineapple sponges- harmless filter feeders.
Great! Thanks!!!
Sniperhank said:
The webs are from tube worms. They shot that Web out to catch food. I have tons of them in my tank. Harmless.
Thank you!

Well guys that was easy, thanks! :)

What about this guy? Some snail

ForumRunner_20121003_214907.jpg

ForumRunner_20121003_214934.jpg

And sorry, he's on a side of my tank that I don't clean the glass cause its really hard to see from that side.

Well instead of making a new thread ill just use this one again..

This is a lime green "growth" in between some of my Nuclear Green Palys. It has a little clear tube coming off the top of it. There's two different ones right next to each other.

These are the best pics I could get, its a hard spot to photograph.

ForumRunner_20121019_155217.jpg

ForumRunner_20121019_155306.jpg

ForumRunner_20121019_155329.jpg

I have had encrusting sponges like that too, and they have been in and out of water. I think, and haven't looked it up, that the sponges that can't be exposed are the ball and branching sponges. Their are a zillion types in all colors.

Good luck!

For sure a sponge and a really cool one at that. I've had red orange white and a carbon fiber looking one in my tank but never neon green. Great find but Ive noticed zoa/paly rocks seem to be the most frequent places to find them and also they can choke them out a little.bit

Mrc8858 said:
For sure a sponge and a really cool one at that. I've had red orange white and a carbon fiber looking one in my tank but never neon green. Great find but Ive noticed zoa/paly rocks seem to be the most frequent places to find them and also they can choke them out a little.bit

Yeah they seem to be "pushing" them away. I like the look of them other than that.

Back
Top Bottom