Feather Duster ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just wondering what type of feather duster this is and if they will grow bigger?

Attachments

• Tank With Gargonian 019.jpg
    Tank With Gargonian 019.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 73
Those look pretty sweet. I can't really tell from the picture, but what color are they?

Here are some better pictures. The first ones were taken during the sun set phase of the lighting. Mostly they are all white with brown shoots. But some have a redish white tint with the same color shoots. They are growing everywhere in the tank its crazy. From resting comfortly in a button pylop, to the walls of my sump they are everwhere. They are too small for me to tell what kind they are and came out of no where. Havent been able to get a postive ID.

Attachments

• Featerdusters 001.jpg
    Featerdusters 001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Featerdusters 002.jpg
    Featerdusters 002.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Featerdusters 005.jpg
    Featerdusters 005.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Featerduster Sump 001.jpg
    Featerduster Sump 001.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 63
They are just colony feather dusters, Bispira?, and they stay relatively small as you can see :)

Yes, thats what I thought. They were growing, thats the only thing that made me think otherwise. They seem to have reached there size though because I havent noticed any noticable growth for a while now.

Any idea how long they last?

Well, i've read that in captivity the life span of a feather duster under appropriate water conditions, is no more than two years, maybe two and a half. Not sure since those are smaller.. but you'll just have to see. :)

Thanks, its cool to watch when the coral beauty or one of the damsels swims close by. They all shoot in, like a stadium crowd doing the wave, and reappear the same way. Pretty cool to see.

Back
Top Bottom