Fireworm/Bristol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Polychaete_hobbyist_pic.jpg

When I turned on a spotlight in the tank tonight I seem to see a TON of these little creatures. I think they are bristle/fireworms (found the above pic from searching some on the net). I cant really find a good opinion on them, and why I have so many. I would say there is 15+ in my 10gallon tank. ANyone have any ideas?

As soon as I hit the spotlight on them they quickly went back to their hiding spots (some in shells some back in the rocks).

They are bristleworms. If you have an over abundance, then it's because they are being well fed. I have a ton of them in my seahorse tank because the seahorses have to be fed alot and there is alot of waste. They are for the most part harmless janitors so I wouldn't worry but if you want to slow them down, the first thing I would look at is how often and how much you are feeding. HTH

Well I was feeing just the tank for a little bit since my goby decided to carpet surf. Im guessing the reproduced off that cuase I dont remember there being that many before like a week or so ago.

Back
Top Bottom