Florida or Yuma???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

findad

Aquarium Advice Regular
which do I have?? and how do you tell for sure?
img_1176254_0_0eed2d187e82015131b98015de221b53.jpg

not a great pix, but not the same either. hairys have longer tentacals not the bulb/bump type

img_1176321_0_d1544ba303e0b35716b75da0d179d2fb.jpg

Oh well, I got a good deal and liked em. how big will these guys get?? They are a little bigger than a quarter

probably the diameter of a peach or apple...something like that. yeah, they are really cool. i love a softy that eats meaty foods! have you tried to target feed them yet?

probably the diameter of a peach or apple...something like that. yeah, they are really cool. i love a softy that eats meaty foods! have you tried to target feed them yet?

Dang, thats gonna be too big for my 22. Yes I target feed mysis about once a week, I too love to watch the "Plants" eat. (the wife still dosen't get it that they are not plants??)

it's definitely not a florida ricordea.
it might be a yuma after all. at first glance i could swear it was a rhodactus.

It's definitely a yuma. I have a couple of different colourations of those in my tank. They will glow like crazy under the actinics but are pretty slow to propogate on their own.

Well good, they were sold as yumas, I caught a guy downsizing and got a great deal on them and a couple of other pieces.

so how big will a yuma get??

How big will depend on your lighting. The more intense the lights the smaller they will be. They can expand up to about almost two inches in diamter if they are really straining for light. If they are high up in the tank they may only stretch out to about an inch across.

The only ones in my tank that have propogated are the metallic pink ones. The funny part is when the parent one moves it leaves behind part of it's foot and the "baby" is this odd day-glo green colour until it gets about 3-5mm in diameter and starts to get the same colouration as the parent.

Back
Top Bottom