Found a coral but what ia it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I found a little coral on my rock. It is some sort of feather duster. Pic is not great but. Anyone?

Attachments

• image-2898494738.jpg
    image-2898494738.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 121
Nope not a bad thing... The only thing you need to watch out for are aiptasia and bristle worms.

I had got this rock from a pretty well established tank. But i didnt see any coral when i got it. Think this little guy will grow a lot bigger?? I just missed him since he blends is super well!

Will be cool. It looks about maybe 2cm so really small. Any thoughts on how long it would take to grow full size?

He was a surprise so cant complain. My understanding is they dont need a ton of light and filter feed so i dont need to do much.

You don't need to worry about them at all, they take care of themselves. I wouldn't expect the one that came in your rock to get as large as the one posted though, they are different kinds of dusters and the large ones we buy for in our tanks and the ones that come on our rock once and awhile aren't the same kind of duster.

Its super small. I found some other post that they are micro dusters and might grow to a bigger colony? But they are possibly not like the larger ones.

Back
Top Bottom