Found a quab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well actually my mom found it. Im away at school during the week. Thought it was a hermit without a shell but he looks different. He's got red eyes, white stripes, and a brown body. He's about an inch wide. Are there any traps I can set to catch him?

Attachments

• image-2571395607.jpg
    image-2571395607.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 105
Could be a box crab. If it is, I would remove it before it gets bigger, as they can grow exponentially, and get pretty destructive.

I was thinking xanthid. He's more of an olive green actually, but the body shape is spot on. I've only got pulsing Xenia and star polyps. I think he's nibbled on the polyps. I don't have a sump to put him in, but I do have a 15gal nano without any coral. I might put him in there if i can catch him.

You can try the old tilted glass trick. Put a glass in the tank tilted at an angle ans set the top where he can walk right in and down the glass to a piece of food. He`ll be able to walk down the glass but he wont be able to walk out. It will be too steep. Seen it work before.

melosu58 said:
You can try the old tilted glass trick. Put a glass in the tank tilted at an angle ans set the top where he can walk right in and down the glass to a piece of food. He`ll be able to walk down the glass but he wont be able to walk out. It will be too steep. Seen it work before.

I'll try that. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom