found my serial clicker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was moving some rocks, because my zoanthids are getting eaten, and found TWO of these guys. Only managed to catch one, but there's baby shrimps along with them. I assume it's a pistol shrimp. Are they all reef safe? Do I have to keep hunting for what's eating my zoas?

Attachments

• DSC_2096.jpg
    DSC_2096.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 151
From what i know a few pistol shrimp is reef safe. Last time i had something eating my zoas it was a nudibranch.

That looks like a mantis

Definitely not a mantis. Some unknown species of pistol. The one I caught is the female. The one I left behind is the male. The female is berried so I placed her back in the tank. Something else must be eating my zoas.

I was also thinking zebra mantis but you can tell by its arms that it is a pistol. Jus

Just keep a eye out on your zoas. That was how i caught my nudi. The polyps were closed but i saw what look like tentacles(same color of my zoa arms) moving between the polyps. I heard nudis take color or what they eat. Maybe its not a nudi. Im interested to find out what the cause might be

Back
Top Bottom