Frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would saw low placement, and medium flow. Just don't blast it with flow otherwise it could develop brown jelly, which is a disease that's caused by too much flow. It's also an aggressive coral so i would give it some space when placing it. It will have tentacles that sting and kill other coral and will extend during feeding or at night.

i don't think brown jelly disease is caused by too much flow, but i agree that it's not a high flow coral.

You could be right mr. X, but i believe brown jelly disease is brought on by trauma/damage to the coral tissue, which could be caused by direct flow blasting the coral. Just what i've heard.

kevin, i'm not sure that's true either. i have brought a lot of euphyllia in to sell, and the ones that got brown jelly had no visible damage to speak of. i think everything about it thus far is just speculation. i think it's more likely the stress of transport, acclimating to synthetic salts and different parameters, than damage. but again, all i have to go by is a few years of buying and selling. i did no concrete research.

True. Still, experience is better than reading so i'll certainly take your word for it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom