Glasspox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

land locked

Aquarium Advice Freak
I first noticed these about a week ago. They have multiplied rapidly. At first I thought they were just tiny tube worms, because I have had those grow on the glass before. But on closer inspection the are not tiny circles they are spots or dots. They almost look like fly poo only white. Are they eggs? Fungus? Never seen them before:confused:

Attachments

• P6250118.jpg
    P6250118.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 58
  • P6250116.jpg
    P6250116.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 69
  • P6250114.jpg
    P6250114.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 63
They don't look like snail eggs I have had in the past(nassarius). But if you say so:rolleyes: I still learning new things every day. The learning curve for this hobby is unbelievable.

It`s hard to tell. Need better close up. Could be anything from babby snails to pods. Are they moving?

Marc is right, I googled them and they are "nerite snail egg pods". I have so many I am going to scrape them with a razor they don't come off with my magna float. How do you get yours off the front glass Marc?

Hmmm, I have no nerite snails in my tank, they look like spirorbid worms. Can you see little "feathers" coming out of one end?

Roka: No, no feathers out the end. I just have tons of them in about a week. Literally hundreds of them. mostly on the glass and I did just get new nerite snails so it makes sense.
Marc: I will have to resort to the razor my magna won't budge them.

Back
Top Bottom