Golden maroon clown eggs ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tim27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406819685.435155.jpg
So I bought two golden maroon clowns a little more than a month ago, ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406819779.921646.jpg
One really small and the other fairly bigger, have been doin great, the big one was a little aggressive at 1st but now they swim together and twitch at each other and seemed to be paired. I have a main 55g reef tank now but I have the clowns In a 6g nano tank. I put them there in the hopes that they would have a greater change of pairing, and now that they have was planing on putting them into the main tank within the next day or so.

In the 1st pic I posted, there are some really small orange dots that I think May be eggs but I'm not sure( kinda hard to see but it's the best pic I could take) if anyone has any experience with golden maroon clowns it would be a big help if anyone could let me know if these are eggs or not, there are about 3 clutches in the tank. Water perimeters are all clear
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0
If they are not eggs please help me ID What they are
Thanks guys !

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Both are the same thing, diatoms and algae you see in the start of new tanks. These clowns will need to be in a larger tank, their size will overwhelm and create high nitrates.

I already went through that cycling phase, and I know my picture is not so great but it looks to bubbly to be diotom, and yea I know the other stuff is algaeImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406826770.735457.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406826808.395068.jpg
Maybe it's clear here and I know diatom can be bubbly like that but it littlerly showed up over night are you sure it's not eggs

Can't really tell from the picture. Still looks like a film, but I do see a tad clearer what you are trying to describe. Google image search and see if that's it, if you can't get a better picture.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406835096.249211.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406835174.977895.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406835210.356330.jpg
That's the best pictures I could get, idk if that's any help

Yea look similar enough, juts the images in google show a more circular pattern and mine look just random, I'll keep an eye on it the next free days and see what happens. If you are eggs ill post the fry up when they hatch :)

Thanks for help ?

If they are eggs, you should be doing a lot of research. Most people aren't able to raise the fry, and most times the eggs never even hatch.

Back
Top Bottom