Good or bad anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this little guy hitchhiked on my nassarius snail when I bought it and I thought nothing of it... Now it's gotten much bigger and I'm worried its a bad guy. Haven't seen any others though... It's kinda clearish with whitish spots on its arms. Here's some pics.

Attachments

• image-3700846741.jpg
    image-3700846741.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 228
  • image-788070109.jpg
    image-788070109.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 229
  • image-1638768729.jpg
    image-1638768729.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 217
I haven't killed it. I can't bring myself to do it!!! I found pics online of a striped beaded anemone. Can't find info on if its bad to have in there but it looks soooo similar. It's getting too big for the snail and I'm pretty sure in the next week or so it will attach somewhere else. It's been on the snail about a month now and I haven't seen any others. Plus he's fun to watch. :)

I dont think i would want aipista traveling all around my tank on the back of a snail... Haha if you dont want to kill it then it might not be so cute in a few months when it multiplies :eek:

My one snail has red hair all over he's shell with one bit of green grass in the middle it looks awesome and I never even wondered if it could be bad. I'll try to get a pic of it.

Take airline tubinng, start a suction and suck it right off. Then while the suction is still near the foot site scrub with a pediatric toothbrush very well.

Back
Top Bottom