Good or bad snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ericbrooks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a bunch of theses that started showing up.they grow fast.i see them everywhere In my tank.i hope there not bad..I don't know how I would get them all out.they range in size.these are the biggest.

Attachments

• image-3173666243.jpg
    image-3173666243.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image-215986316.jpg
    image-215986316.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 78
I have a bunch in my tank they are good snails. They eat the algae off of your sand and the rocks and everything else they can get into. I bought them off live aquaria as part of a clean up crew. I believe they are called narcissia snails... Spelling is def wrong but close

They could be nassarius, but i dont think they are. Do they burrow in the sand bed? Looks more like stomatella varia to me. I have like a hundred of them in one of my tanks. They are harmless herbivores. I dont know how they survive in such large numbers, but they do and help keep my tank clean.

No they don't go in the sand..they stay on the sides of the aquarium.at night they come out and in the day I don't know where they go.i have like 5 big ones and like a hundred tiny ones.

looks like stomatella and can reproduce well in a tank,dont worry if your tank goes a bit cloudy as its probably due to them when breeding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom