Grass on the glass!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pkremer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! I have had my tank lit up for about a week now with 192W of light (46 gallons, and am noticing new and interesting things growing. I have posted some pictures to help with ID...at first I thought the first picture was great, little blades of grass growing on my glass, but now it is everywhere...almost like grass! It develops almost a wheat stalk look to it as it gets long.

In the second picture, there are 2 or 3 teardrop shaped cactus-looking things dead in the middle of the picture...I'm curious if you can help me identify these things? They are about 1 mm tall. I am ordering an cleanup-crew from etropicals.com tomorrow, so they may take this stuff down if it's bad, but I'm curious what these things are?

Paul

Attachments

• cactus_108.jpg
    cactus_108.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 33
  • grass_114.jpg
    grass_114.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 26
Grass in ur tank lol. U'll need a seahorse to keep those grass nice and even. Horse eats grass, get it? Nvm that was so lame

it looks like some sort of green algae. i go to www.saltwater.com to figure out what kind of algae i have. I know from experiance that algae like that can takeover your tank if your not careful. I had a similiar algae on the back of my tank next thing you knew it was all over.

looks to me like the onset of hair algae... what does you cleaner crew consist of?? i had this, but only on one of my rocks a while back and my hermit crabs ate it all up pretty good and never seen it since.. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom