Great picture af something I need idetified

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swissfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
what's this, it is eating pelet food and is constantly growing on my LR.
the mouth is the green part in the middle and it can handle up to 4 pellets at once.

sorry guys i'm too stupid too remember that the filesize should only be 100k. tryed to upload the big file about 10 times and almost trashed my computer until i remembered.

Advisors: can you guys put a warning next to the upload button?

Guys like me need it 8O

That is a nice looking plate coral! :wink:

(Fungia repanda)

The Short Tentacle Plate Coral is a large polyp stony (LPS) coral often referred to as a Disk, Mushroom, Chinaman, Fungia Plate, or Tongue Coral. It comes in a variety of colors, some very bright. They are very hardy corals that do not require intense lighting nor water flow.

It is a solitary, semi-aggressive coral with shorter tentacles than its cousin the Long Tentacle Plate Coral (Heliofungia sp.). Even with short tentacles, it can still damage other corals that it comes in contact with. With placement in the aquarium, keep in mind that it will often inflate itself with water and expand to twice its size. It will do best on the bottom of a reef aquarium, preferably lying on a fine sandy substrate. The Short Tentacle Plate Coral is easy to maintain in the reef aquarium and makes an excellent candidate for the beginner reef aquarist. Care should be taken in handling it however, to prevent damage. It requires moderate lighting combined with moderate water movement within the aquarium. For continued good health, it will also require the addition of calcium, strontium, and other trace elements to the water.

It is ideal to feed Plate Corals a few times per week with brine or mysis shrimp, and small chopped meaty foods. Only offer food when the polyps of the coral are fully extended.

Back
Top Bottom