Green algea growing everwhere? what should i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dapriceiswrongb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
this stuff keeps growing and i can't seem to get rid of it. can someone tell me what it is and what i should do to get rid of it. I'll get a picture up in an hour or so sorry
8063.JPG

Bring some over to my house.
My plecs will have a field day. Jeff

More seriously, you're nitrates are probably quite high. I would also see about limiting the light reaching the tank, either from the lamp or if there is a window.

Hard to tell but it looks like a type of cyno bacteria. Usually red but it can be green. Check your Phosphate level this is a major cause of this and how much water flow do you have?

Your aquarium has a green film algae bloom. What type of coral/inverts do you have in tank? Usually this is a sign of poor water quality or excessive amounts of nutrients. If you dont have a number of snails and hermits in the tank now is a good time to consider investing in some janitors. Also if you dont have a water purifying system this will also help. If the tank does not contain coral and inverts or coral there is also the option of treating the tank with commercially available algae treatments.

Back
Top Bottom