green and white sea slug or snail on my new frag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

werd2738

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok as the title says I bought a frag tonight and noticed a small slug looking creature on it. Its main body is white and it has a green hump/shell(possibly) on its back. Want to make sure this critter is ok before it goes in the tank. Ill try and get a clear pic soon.

Ok I think I got an id. I believe its a stomatella(spell check?) snail. That being said im assuming I should keep it, but if anyone thinks this is a bad move please tell me why. Im new and trying to avoid as many mistakes as possible!

Thanks in advance!

Im no expert but I google imaged it and I saw a green one that looked just like mine. I guess they have many color combinations. Its a very pretty martini Olive green and white so im hoping I got it right and its harmless. If I can get a decent pic on my phone ill post it.

Stomatella varia is aptly named. For this one species there seem to be a near infinite color combinations. And they are hard workin little buggers. Most of mine died during a recent move when the water got cold in transit. I wants more!

Right on! Im glad to hear positive responses. Cool and helpful hitchhikers are one of the things that really interest me about aquariums. Its cool putting things in your tank on your own, but seeing neat critters just appear day by day is coolest! I really looking forward to what every new day brings!

Back
Top Bottom