Green Bubble?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StickyTuba

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last night I noticed that my tank had a small green bubble on one of the rocks. No bigger than a pea and about the same color, except that it is translucent and I can see through it. :?

I will try to post a picture of it tonight when I get home.

Can anyone take a guess as to what it might be.

I have the same thing. It is bubble algae. Mine has not spread and so I have not done anything about it. I have heard that if you are careful you can twist it off the rock and get rid of it. Be careful though, if it bursts, you will see a lot more.

tripper

It is Valonia, Thanks Fluff :D

I only have one "colony" that I can see. Do you think that I could probably remove it without causing too many other problems?

I had a few bubbles and ignored them. They eventually went away on their own. Emerald crabs are supposed to eat it. Removal is a touchy thing. You have to be very careful. If you pop one of the bubbles, it will release spores and make many, many more. You could try though. Or give it some time and see if it dies out on it's own.

Fluff said:
I had a few bubbles and ignored them. They eventually went away on their own. Emerald crabs are supposed to eat it. Removal is a touchy thing. You have to be very careful. If you pop one of the bubbles, it will release spores and make many, many more. You could try though. Or give it some time and see if it dies out on it's own.

I have some, I got an Emerald, boy is he happy, like a crack head in a crack house…

I've always had some of these, and they've never multiplied to any kind of problem levels. In some cases, the coraline will coat them making interesting coraline formations.

Back
Top Bottom