Green eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is their anytype of fish/invet/unwanted pest that lay's green eggs? because I have noticed some green egg looking things on my LR,...they are to small to get a pic of but.... its really weird :?:

I don't know of anything that lays green eggs. Could just be the beginning of some type of macro. Are they a bright or dark green?

sounds like bubble algea
does it look like this Blazey

algae

more pics

I have some in the 7gmb I will try to post some pics of itonight on the board and my homepg

Which one blazereef? The first one looks more like grape caulerpa. The second photos is valonia. Caulerpa in my opinion, would be the bigger nuisance. Valonia would be shiny in appearance.

Fluff mine looks like both of them some even is red and clear ... Either way it is a nuisance and shoudl be removed if that is what you have just dont break the balls as this will realese spors and posibility create a bigger problem

Sadielynn said:
Fluff mine looks like both of them some even is red and clear ... Either way it is a nuisance and shoudl be removed if that is what you have just dont break the balls as this will realese spors and posibility create a bigger problem

Sadie, I was only clarifying as removal for both types differ greatly and the first pic doesn't look like valonia to me. No biggy.

blazereef,
To remove them, I would do it outside the tank with a bucket of sw for rinsing. Slowly twist them from the rock, rinse and return. Good luck.

I agree that it is bubble algea and you dont want to pop them in the tank. I`m not one for bandaid solutions but if you already have an emerald crab they will take care of it. If not I would do as Sadie said and remove and scrub in SW.

Back
Top Bottom