Green mandarin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just looked at their website and it looked great and I like that everything is tank raised and not wild caught but they don't sell direct to hobbyist??

You have to buy their products from a retailer like LiveAquaria or Saltwaterfish.com. Of course, it's more expensive due to the inclusion of the "middle man."

Have you had luck with mail order?? I've been wanting to post the question on here but keep forgeting

I purchased fish one time from petsolutions.com and found the experience to be good. Fish were packed real well and they all arrived alive. In fact I had one half inch fish go missing in my tank the next day and i got a refund. Most online retailers have a 2 week stay alive guarantee unlike the local LFS, I have yet to find one within even a few hours drive that will refund on sick or dead fish.

Yep. :) I plan on ordering online again pretty soon too. No worries about fish dying in a few days and loosing out on my investment. Plus you can get some great deals and get hard to find fish as well. Only drawback is the shipping. :-(

I was going to try a place out of florida which has $15 shipping for florida residents. Just gotta look around a bit but the average shipping is $34 bucks!

Saltwaterfish.com has free shipping in Florida if you spend $100 or more, and they also have a free shipping section where if you spend $90 or more in that section, your whole order is shipped for free anywhere. I also think regular shipping is like $15 or really cheap.

+1. Saltwaterfish.com is the BOMB. I usually place one big $250+ order a year to capitalize on the free shipping. They guarantee their livestock, and with my carelessness I've had to hold them to it a few times. 110% satisfied with saltwaterfish.com

Yeah, I've only ordered from them once, but I was very pleased. They're located about an hour away from me, and are 5 minutes away from ORA, so they go and get fish from there too. The only thing I don't like is that their website looks a little unprofessional, having missing info from some fish and whatnot.

Online you will alwasy see ORA mentioned, and they ususally cost a bit more than non ORA.

My lfs tells me he has to place a large order from them so he doesnt get them in every week. But when he does get an order he gets ALOT of nice fish. My mandarin is an ORA but don't believe the hype on them. I paid over double the price than a wild one and she barely eats prepared.

I also had a pair of ORA b&w clowns that were awesome, again double the price but they were really sweet fish. They didnt know how to host until my wild oscellaris showed them though, guess they kinda lose that instinct after being tank raised for so

Hey Carey so you have to keep pods in your tank in order for the mandarin to live? Or is the prepared enough?

I have pods in the tank as well as feeding frozen. She only nibbles at the frozen mostly, though yesterday she wolfed down a whole bunch of cyclops. I think she's on a 50/50 mix right now. Luckily I have the fuge in back of my cube so theres pods growing but not enough for her to survive on them entirely. I plan on getting more reef pods from reefcleaners real soon to help replenish the supply. Keep in mind I also have a scooter who for the most part eats frozen but I'm sure he's tapping into my pod supply as well. lol

That scooters a sneaky guy huh?lol you think a lawn mower would eat those too? Doesnt seem to after mysis or pellet

Lawnmowers are supposed to be herbivores so try some of that for food. Mine happens to eat everything I feed the tank, even meaty items

Hmm I kno the Raise pods at my lfs maybe I'll try putting some in my tank, it does sound like alot of work to aquire 1 fish huh??

Back
Top Bottom