Green Plants Growing what are they

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyB

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am new to these forums but have been reading reguarly for about 2 months now. I had a FO SW tank like 11 years ago but things have changed so much since then. Anyways The reason for the post is I need help identify what this stuff is gorwing. I just got done cycling my tank about 1 1/2 weeks ago.And I used 22 pound of LR from the start then added some damsels like 2 weeks later when the waterer cleared up. Anyways ever since I added my PC lights this stuff that I think is coraline is growing on my sand dollars,dead coral pieces and shells that I got from the bahammas. The reason I think it is coraline is because it is the same color as the stuff growing on my LR. Also I wanted to see if you could tell me what the plant like stuff is that's growing on my LR is. It started small and is know growing very well.

Attachments

• dsc00572.jpg
    dsc00572.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 99
  • dsc00572.jpg
    dsc00572.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 51
Green Plant like stuff

Please help me find out what this is. I can Email some larger photos if anyone can help please email or mesasage me

Attachments

• dsc00570.jpg
    dsc00570.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 52
That looks like a Halimeda species. It is a a type of calciferous algae that is very common on reefs

OK thats what I thought it was. I wasnt sure thought because I got a new PC light and I was lighting for like 13hr a day and started to get some long hair green on the glass. I cut back lights to 6 hours and feed everyother day till its gone or untill I find a happy medium that my cleaning crew can keep up with.

Back
Top Bottom