Green slime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tlro

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone know what this is? Is it harmful? It's a dark green slime. It almost disappears at night when the lights are off but comes back when they turn on.

Attachments

• image-3924961014.jpg
    image-3924961014.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 97
Yes worry about it. Not good. Start siphoning it out with water changes and cut back on your feeding. Also- of it's in a dead spot you may want to look into adjusting flow after your next water change

Jlsardina said:
Yes worry about it. Not good. Start siphoning it out with water changes and cut back on your feeding. Also- of it's in a dead spot you may want to look into adjusting flow after your next water change

I always thought cyano was a rust color? Guess I'll have to step up my water change regime. I usually do 25% every two weeks. Should I do 10% a week instead?

Madreefer420 said:
Do u have a Dsb?

I'd say about 2 inches of sand and crushes coral mixed. I know crushed coral sucks. I put it in before I knew any better and now I'm too lazy/scared to change it.

Well start takin hand fulls out ad just put it in your sump or in a filter bag I woulny worry about it all cause if your going to add sand it will help for little pods and things to build little tunnels and what not I would just try and get the main volume of it out but try not to totally remove it b/c that is biological filtration and it may cycle your tank if you remove to much at and throw it out

Back
Top Bottom