green spots on glass...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThAtGuY11

Aquarium Advice Regular
this is my 1st SW tank so this is probly normal :oops: lol. tank has been up for about 3 weeks.

ph:8.4
Ammonia: 0.15
nitrite: 0.2
nitrate: 5.0
salinity: 1.025
temp: 27
(is my tank almost finished cycling? the ammonia got up to 1.5)

are these green spots normal, should i just wash the off(this stuff is also all over my gravel)

tell me if u need any more info :) thx

Attachments

• green_gunk_204.jpg
    green_gunk_204.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 42
You're going to have that for a while...It took about 2-3 months for all my diatoms to go away. Once you start adding snails, hermit crabs and such, you will see a marked improvement. As for the cycle, it's hard to say. Mine seemed to cycle pretty fast. IME I have seen freshwater tanks take forever to cycle, and I have read of some other saltwater tanks taking a long time. It just depends on the individual tank. Remember the cycle isn't complete just when the ammonia is zero, you also need the nitrites to be zero.

Do you have your LR in yet? If not, you will get some die off from the new rock and you will have another short cycle take place (ie. Ammonia and Nitrite spike). Then maybe a week after that you can add your cleaners.(As long as your nitrates are low enough, 10ppm or less)

Back
Top Bottom