Green Spotted Puffer Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danab

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We recently purchased a green spotted puffer and in the bottom of the tank today we noticed a clear jelly like glob. Inside the glob is a very light pink clump of something. The jelly like outside moves with the water. There is a big glob and a small one right next to it. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Should we be concerned?

Hard to say without a pic. Maybe some type of Jellyfish. Just guessing. Moving this to the SW ID forum.

How could it be a jelly fish? We didn't purchase a jellyfish.

Hitch hikers. You buy LR, coral or fish and they come in the tank. It was just a guess anyway. I have alot of things in my tank I didnt buy but they hitch hiked their way right in the tank. Looks like a pic would help.

I uploaded the 2 best pictures I could find of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK where is it?

I added the pics to your thread. I see you had it in the gallery.

Last edited:
I have no idea what that could be. Just so you know you`ll probably experience some nitrate problems with that gravel. Food and trash will get trapped under that and cause high nitrates.

Honestly it looks like uneaten food to me that has gotten a moldy outcasing,

yeah, how is your flow? when I cycled my tank the shrimp fell to an area where it didn't have any flow and it grew a mold sack around it has it decomposed. Then it made a mess when I burst it. I guess that's why the recommend putting it in a media bag...

Back
Top Bottom