GSP on snail shell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have heard rumors of green star polyps growing on anything, but if I'm right in my identification than the snail pack that I received from reefs2go are carrying colonies all over my tankImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440001964.935999.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440002017.074570.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440002034.450924.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It looks like it is some type of polyps. There are many others besides green. I had red in my tank until a fungus eradicated it. I wouldn't put much thought into it though. If it is a healthy snail it will be on the move and most likely the polyps might not ever open up and die off.

Haha yeah you got it, that's really cool. I've seen them grow on overflow boxes and even Powerhead, but a snail shell is a new one.

90 G Reef
55 G Discus
24 G Reef

At some reef store nearby, they glued some zoanthids to a snails shell kind of like that

90 G Reef
55 G Discus
24 G Reef

How does gsp spread? Will the snail walking around move it to other rocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The purple is the mat that it lays down as it spreads. The snail would have to be in the same spot for a VERY long time for it to get glued down to the rock from the mats' growth.

On the snails that's neat , it may tear off as it grows and seed the rocks or even the glass , it looks awesome on the rear glass , just be careful with it as it spreads fast and will invade other coral.

Back
Top Bottom