Halloween Hermits.... Or something else ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt 501

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, Im new to the hobby, and this site, so go easy !! I have just got the first inhabitants to my tank and I am confused. All pictures of Halloween hermits show it with orange and black legs. The Halloween hermits I bought have got purple and black stripped legs and green claws. Are these Halloween Hermits or not ?

Can you post a picture? What type of shells are they in? I have a Halloween Hermit and its black and orange legs. The shell has a long and narrow opening instead of the standard round opening. Like the strombus snail shell. I would warn you that with my experience my halloween crab is not fond of sand sifting snails, I've seen him kill quite a few. None of my other hermies seem to have that mean streak (and yes I had empty shells in his style available)

At the minute they are hidden round the back of my live rock, so getting a picture may be difficult. I have found some pictures online of Electric Blue Hermits, and my crabs are almost identical to them, with them exception of the coloured stripes round the legs. My crabs seem to have darker blue stripes which are almost purple in colour. The light is due to come in next couple of hours so I will
try post some pictures for you. Thanks for your help !

I have some pics posted of my electric blue here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/best-cuc-species-148845.html

Here is a pic of my halloween from a year ago, I'd take you a new poucm but I dont' know where he is at the moment, he was in the front of the tank yesterday

img_1306282_0_89f28ad24b4ec90e9ba62dee96f549b6.jpg

Managed to get a picture of one of them. What do you think ? Electric Blue or not ?

Attachments

• image-2655559544.jpg
    image-2655559544.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 80
Yeah that's an electric blue, just like the one I have. I like them, a lot nicer than the halloweens. Don't get me wrong, love to watch my halloween, he just has an evil streak :p

Back
Top Bottom