has anyone heard of a nettei tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey i guess this is spelled right but a guy sold me a leather coral today he called it a nettei tree its a leather coral has anyone ever heard of this one before? is that spelled right prob not

i will try to get a pic up in a few min its closed right now i just got it in my tank i checked my temp afterwards it felt cold it was at 76 so i turned up the heat. i will try to get a pic up soon in the next hour have to find the camera

here are two pics from my camera phone the base has another stalk coming out and the base and the stalks are about the same brown color as my leather found in my picture album on my page

Attachments

• 0318092025.jpg
    0318092025.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 0318092029.jpg
    0318092029.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 50
Yours is actually look like mine, the Cauliflower Colt Coral, but the picture in liveaquaria may not look the same though, it's sort of pinkish rite?

Correction: Yeah I mean Kenya Tree Coral...

Last edited:
I would say its a kenya tree coral. I have the exact same species in my tank. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+600+652&pcatid=652 The one on live aquaria doesnt really look the same but if you google kenya tree you will find lots of pics similar to what you have. Oh and I just saw this but on live aquaria it gives another name for this coral and it is Nephthea. hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom