Help ID Slug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yetee

Aquarium Advice Activist
Not sure if this is a slug or some other invert but I found this guy in my refuge tonight and am curious what kind of slug it is (if it is a slug), and if its a coral muncher or not. To give you an idea in the picture its around an inch and a half long. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry if the picture quality isnt so great I had to use my phone since the digital camera's battery was dead.

Attachments

• DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00152.jpg
    DSC00152.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 71
A clearer picture will help with ID'ing your critter but from first observation, it appears to me to be a chiton. If it is, it is an film algae eater and an asset to your tank.

I'm not so sure it's a Chiton..I have a couple and they have a very distinct shell thats segmented...I don't see a shell at all on this creature.

yeah it didnt seem to have a shell thats why I thought it would be a slug, ill try to get some better pictures. if it helps it appeared to be furry almost and on the lower end of it where it has the red and green bands the white dots you see were actually like spines.

Edit: It is I chiton after all, after googling some images I found almost the exact same thing. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• chiton_id_wwm.jpg
    chiton_id_wwm.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Cool...Never saw one like that before

Is that a pic of the one from the internet or a new pic of the one in your tank?

Back
Top Bottom