Help ID this blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

comets55

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, i just got this Blenny, but I don't know what is this species call. Most of the time he is in dark green with a lot of spot (leopard alike). When he just peak out from dark coral, he came out with a very darker skin. Please help.

Attachments

• image-2049243621.jpg
    image-2049243621.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 102
  • image-961262330.jpg
    image-961262330.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1611339576.jpg
    image-1611339576.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 120
I like him...but I want to know why you guys think that he is cool? My girlfriend has one too, but he always jump out from her 30" tank. Any one know why?

He is super fun...keep eating all day.

If he's jumping test her water it may be due to toxicity. Blennies are generally liked because they are so ugly they are cute lol. They just have a cool personality of skeetering around on the rock and stopping to stare at you with those fugly little faces.

Common names are a bit tricky, but my understanding is that a lawn mower blenny is Salarias fasciatus. Your fish isn't a Salarias, but a species of Istiblennius. Based on what I can see in your photos, I think it's most likely Istiblennius dussumieri. Do an image search on that name and see how it compares with your fish. (Note that males of this species have a fleshy crest on top of their heads.)

Tony

Back
Top Bottom