Help identifying pink thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben18222

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There is like 5 small pink things on my tank glass. I can't find any picture online of what they are. Here is the pest picture I can take with my phone. If anyone has any info of why it is and if is good or bad to have let me know thank you.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411503906.443268.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411503917.241050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All 5 seem to move very slowly, I was thinking the same thing yesterday but today I been watching them and they seem to be alive moving something. But maybe your right.

All 5 seem to move very slowly, I was thinking the same thing yesterday but today I been watching them and they seem to be alive moving something. But maybe your right.

if they move they could be flatworms

I’ve seen them in the past but can’t put a name on them. Attribute that to aging (76 years young, with the exception of my brain). In this hobby of bringing in LR from the ocean we get all kinds of hitchhikers. Most are innocuous and live out their life without causing problems. I suspect this is one of those.

Dick

Definitely not coralline algae! I would guess at flat worm or some sort of nudibranch? Most likely flat worm but it's hard to tell with just a picture of the underside

Definitly flatworm, heard mixed reviews on the white/translucent ones......I removed them
From my tank. But do some research before you decide.

Thank you all.

The clear ones are perfectly fine. The red ones can be a pain in the butt, but they are not the end of the world. Once they exhaust their food supply they disappear as fast as they came.
https://sites.google.com/site/macropyga/
Click on the links to read his extensive papers on them.
Meanwhile, you can use flatworm exit safely when you have very few, but when there are many, it can cause a spike in the tank that may effect other inhabitants. I just left them be.

Back
Top Bottom