Help identifying zoa or ployp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From another thread.
Interesting video that was posted today by Tidal Gardens today about palys and zoas about naming thought it was interesting and would share. If anything it is some cool close up footage of zoas.
Zoanthid and Palythoa identification and taxonomy

They are very green for not even being open! they will be really really nice once they do open. :)

Requirements are similar to zoas, so low (depending on light of course), good flow, and they'll spread. In my experience they are not quite as prolific as zoas, but back then my tank was in poor shape.

Mostly needs good lighting to thrive but the one problem they seem to have is that some crabs and snails find them tasty

I have t5 lighting and what type of craps and snails because I have a bunch. But there all reef safe as far as I know

I never saw anything munch mine, but all experiences will be different. Mine got overgrown by algae. Glad that's been fixed since then.

Yeah once my algae was gone they turned on my yellow polyps, in some of the descriptions I've read it's mentions that they are often found to be consumed before any other polyps in a tank

I'm reconsidering having hermits as I watched one pick a small snail off the glass and consume it

Well, they are crabs. I maintain (somewhat controversially) that there is no such thing as a 100% reef safe crab. You don't build a Sherman tank and call it a teddy bear. Lol

Back
Top Bottom