help please....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dtprkr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone please help ID somethin that is growing on my LR? I know that my pictures aren't the best but hopefully it will be enough for you to have some sort of idea. Thanks for your consideration!

Attachments

• dvc000id_1.jpg
    dvc000id_1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 36
  • dvc000id_2.jpg
    dvc000id_2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 36
  • dvc000_3.jpg
    dvc000_3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 66
Looks like it could be the starts of some macro algae but it's covered in die off? How old is the rock? It's possible it may be a sponge as well. Sorry I can't be more specific.

It's a clear like gel with antlers... I'm curious to know if it's somethin that I should remove or let it remain on the rock.

Thank you fluff for your help. Assuming that it's sponge, what course of action should I take, if any? The piece of LR is about 6 months old, I got it from Liverocks.com

thanks again..

Well, if you find it unsightly, remove it. I'd just let it go for now though and see what becomes of it. I've seen branching sponges that resemble what you have, but only in low lite tanks or growing behind and under the rocks away from the light.

Back
Top Bottom