Help! Please identify this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marine4life

Aquarium Advice Activist
i Bought some live rock today and i asked the guy to give me some chito sorry might have spelled it wrong. I have just noticed some starfish looking creatures all around my sump. Please help me to identify this creature.

image-1993341218.jpg

image-667160104.jpg

image-960710481.jpg

image-1781763607.jpg

image-1007968961.jpg

Sorry they are too small to take good picture of them.

Nope beneficial. They will help keep the sand under your rocks clean. They are detritivores.

No good cleanup crew and if you get a large enough population a harlequin shrimp would be an awesome addition

Well as i mentioned they cane free without me knowing. Theres about good 8-10 i've Seen. I have 40kg sand and 80kg live rock. Do you think i can keep all of them?

I would move some to the tank and leave some in the sump. They are great!

They reproduce quickly, but are a good thing to have.
This is a pic from my last weekly filter sock change, it's like this every week and I pick them out and put them in the refugium. Thinking about that Harlequin shrimp!!

View attachment 96208

Brittle stars

Flreefer said:
They reproduce quickly, but are a good thing to have.
This is a pic from my last weekly filter sock change, it's like this every week and I pick them out and put them in the refugium. Thinking about that Harlequin shrimp!!

Brittle stars

Wow thats awesome.

Back
Top Bottom