Help with critter ID please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davePM

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to ID these two from my live rock!
I think the first is possibly a Stomatella but i'm not 100% sure!
The second is like a red "bubble" (not like a bubble algae though, not shiny etc), and seems to be growing from a stalk!

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_3521.JPG
    DSC_3521.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_3530.JPG
    DSC_3530.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 120
That is a stomatella. I guess I'm not seeing the other thing you're inquiring about. The only stalks I see are part of the stomatella.

That is a stomatella. I guess I'm not seeing the other thing you're inquiring about. The only stalks I see are part of the stomatella.

yeah, difficult to see on the second pic, its like a red ball growing from a stalk, cant get a pic with the stalk as its in the wrong place :p

Thanks

Trying a different, hopefully better, pic ;)

Attachments

• DSC_3531.JPG
    DSC_3531.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 123
Maybe it's my computer or something but the second photo didn't appear yesterday, so I was under the impression the 2nd thing was in the same photo as the stomatella.

I can see the 2nd photo now as well as the 3rd...I;m not sure what that is. :confused:.

If I had to take a wild guess I'd say a hitchhiking mushroom. Sometimes mushrooms will shape their discs like that on occasion.

Back
Top Bottom