Hitch hiker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

casper3t

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have no idea where i got this but its crawling and i just saw it, i wonder if i should get rid of it or if its coral safe

its red and white next to my polyps

img_345525_0_ec58f007d46678e535d179edcb1fba20.jpg

Is it fuzzy like a caterpillar? Looks like it could be a cucumber but, if it's fuzzy, it's probably a fire worm. If it's a fire worm remove it. Just dont' touch it.

A fire worm will have bristles down both sides. It's probably a cucumber. Just keep an eye on it to be sure it not eating your zoos.

Looks like it could be a nudibranc although I have no clue what species. If it ends up on your zoo colony, remove it from the tank. Most likely it will be a coral muncher.

You can try looking here for a possible ID.
http://seaslugforum.net/

Cheers
Steve

Fluff said:
Is it fuzzy like a caterpillar? Looks like it could be a cucumber but, if it's fuzzy, it's probably a fire worm. If it's a fire worm remove it. Just dont' touch it.

I never said it WAS a fireworm. I said it looked like it could be a cucumber but...well, you can see what I said.

well i believed the "thing" came off my Alveopora Coral when i bought it well i'm not sure if it still alive now because i took it and but it at the bottom of the tank and then i started moving the rocks, so it might be buried now

Well, don't be disheartened about it. It is probably a nudibranch like steve-s suggested and if it was, most of them have specialized diets. Once the food source is gone, they die too. And if it was feeding off your alveopora, it's probably for the best.

Back
Top Bottom