Hitchhiker anemones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a bunch of these sprouting up all over. They look like anemones but I don't know what kind. Does anyone know? They are all green with red tips. And how do I control their population explosion?

Could be majanos based on the description. Got a pic?

If it is a pest anemone (like the majano), you can use kalwasser mixed to a paste or Aiptasia X to kill them. You'll need a syringe with a small tip to squirt the mix right into their mouths.

dlsrks said:
I have a bunch of these sprouting up all over. They look like anemones but I don't know what kind. Does anyone know? They are all green with red tips. And how do I control their population explosion?

Get some peppermint shrimp to take care of them.

Aquaman024 said:
Get some peppermint shrimp to take care of them.

Peppermint shrimp are hit and miss. Better off with the kalk/lemon juice/aiptasia x in my opinion.

Pryzz said:
Peppermint shrimp are hit and miss. Better off with the kalk/lemon juice/aiptasia x in my opinion.

X2
Aiptasia-x works great, and you get quite a bit in each bottle, so it helps with any other little ones that might pop up. And plus, I don't know if peppermints help majanos anyways. I know they help with small aiptasia, but not sure on majano

Back
Top Bottom